Welcome to my summer 2023 replay series!
Welcome to my Summer 2023 replay series!
The 7th episode of the summer replay series was the last episode in season 3, when I spoke to the very lovely Janina Klimas (@reallifelanguage on Instagram) about reading to learn languages.
It was such an interesting chat and we covered so many fascinating areas, such as language acquisition, learning to read, comprehensible input and how ‘reading’ can incorporate so many more modalities than simply looking at words on a piece of paper. Here are links to some of the things we discussed…
- Stephen Krashen’s 2017 paper on polyglots
- Steve Kaufmann – polyglot featured in Krashen’s work
- https://lingua.com and https://www.yabla.com
- Journal en français facile
- An explanation of ‘movie talk‘
- My blog post on authentic resources for language learners
- The MFL Virtual Book Club on Facebook
To listen to the podcast episode, search for ‘The Kate Languages Podcast’ wherever you listen to podcasts, or click here for Apple podcasts (or click on the picture above), here for Spotify and here for Amazon. Don’t forget to subscribe and leave a review!