Following on from my presentation in the TM MFL Icons webinar on Saturday (23rd January 2021), I’ve had a look at all of the websites that were recommended for using authentic resources in A Level teaching and collated the best ones here.
I have only included websites that are aimed at native speakers, rather than learners of the languages. However, there are lots of great websites and podcasts out there for learners (check out News in Slow Spanish/French/German/Italian, Coffee Break Languages, Hoy Hablamos, QueCosas and the Goethe Institut for some excellent examples). There are also some great social media accounts such as AJ+ Español, AJ+ Français Lumni.fr and Phosphore Mag).
- 1jour1actu (this is the one I spoke about in the webinar)
- Mon Quotidien (this is for French native speakers aged 10-13 – there is a ‘Petit Quotidien’ for younger children as well)
- Arte Junior (in French)
- Brut (videos – some with no spoken audio but with French writing/subtitles)
- Journal en français facile (also a podcast)
- Logo Nachrichten (this is the one I spoke about in my presentation)
- Kindernetz (mainly videos but some articles, too)
- Neuneinhalb (this also has lots of videos and some articles)
- Dein Spiegel (news for children)
- Arte Junior (in German)
- Muy interesante (lots of good videos and articles, but lots of pop up ads)
- Periódico El Gancho (videos and articles as well)
- Brut (in Spanish about Spain, there is also a Mexican one)
I hope these are helpful for you! Let me know of any others that you love using – get in touch on the socials (katelanguages on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram) or email me email@example.com